Following are reminders for those participating in the 60th Annual Haili Volleyball Tournament.
- See the attached sheet
- Do not check in at the desk unless you are asking for an exception for a player. This must be accompanied by a doctor’s note and must be done prior to your first match. See #7 below.
- The team representative must check in with the Court Manager at their scheduled playing site to validate their roster prior to their first match. Two rosters need to be presented at this time. One will be for the Championship Desk and the other will be your official roster to be presented at every match that you play. If there are changes to the original roster that was submitted with your application, an up-to-date Web Point roster must be presented. If you do not present them at your first match you will not be able to make any changes and any missing players will not be able to play. Once your roster has been validated the Court Manager will initial the copy that is to be presented at every match. If it is not initialed it won’t be accepted at your next match. It is your responsibility to make sure you don’t forget your roster. The team representative’s name, hotel, room number, and telephone number should be provided to the Court Manager upon arrival.
- Only people who are listed on the webpoint rosters will be allowed to sit or stand behind the bench.
- THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE PRINTED OR PUBLISHED SCHEDULE. The Master Schedule will be posted at the Civic Auditorium; it is the team representative’s responsibility to check the schedule for any time or location changes. The committee will arbitrate protests or any other questions that may arise.
- All teams will be assigned matches to officiate. You must report at least 15 minutes prior to start time. If you are late you will be penalized a point for every minute. If you are more than 15 minutes late you will automatically be penalized the first game of your next match.
- NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AT ANY PLAYING SITE ESPECIALLY AT KAWANANAKOA DUE TO SCHOOL BEING IN SESSON. PLEASE NO COOLERS AT THE LUAU EITHER.
- NO SMOKING OR OTHER USE OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS IS ALLOWED AT ALL FACILITIES.
- UNIFORMS: We will be strict with uniforms. Please make sure you are in compliance. If you are not sure, bring it to our attention before the tournament and we will let you know. Refer to the format rules. We are allowing teams to have their team logo on the side of the uniform top.
- SPECIAL EXCEPTION: If there is a special exception to be requested, the Team representative must present their WRITTEN request to and obtain approval from the Tournament Committee at the main desk (CIVIC) PRIOR to the team’s first match. Two copies of the WRITTEN request will be required – a copy will remain at with the Tournament Committee and the second must be presented to the court manager prior to every match. Once a team/player has started play, there will be NO exemptions allowed.
SPORTSMANSHIP WILL PREVAIL. THE ALOHA AND MOKU REGIONS DO NOT CONDONE UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT. AS REPRESENTATIVES OF THE REGION, ALL PLAYERS ARE REMINDED OF THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT WILL BE SANCTIONED UNDER THE PARTICIPANT’S CODE OF CONDUCT.
***ANY TEAM CAUGHT VIOLATING THESE RULES WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM PARTICIPATION IN FUTURE HAILI TOURNAMENTS***
We hope that you enjoy your time at Haili! GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!!